Monday, May 23, 2005

Dedication

Went to The Rock again on Sunday. Don't think I'll go again. It's just not right.

The one thing I was impressed with this week though was the way in which they did a dedication for a new baby. (A very gorgeous one!) This baby doesn't have a dad that's going to be about for it. The leader didn't go into detail about it, but he did emphasise about it not being God's plan for it to be this way and how it's very sad that it's got to be this way. He then went on to proclaim how much God still loves this mother and her new daughter. I found it very beautiful and moving - it brought a tear to me eye! It impressed me because he did it so sensitively, he didn't avoid the issue, but he didn't make a big deal of it and he made sure that the mother and daughter, and the congregation knew that God still loves them.

That was the only good bit. The worship was loud and performancy and pushy as usual. The leader babbled on and on about maturity - some of which was good, some was just 'huh?!'

Back to King's when I'm next in York me thinks.

NCBC this week :D

No comments: